Stirling engines convert thermal energy into mechanical energy. These Stirling engines take a temperature difference between the top and bottom plate and turn it into rotational energy, rotating the flywheel. Simply placing a cup of warm coffee/tea underneath is enough for it to work. It can even run from the heat from you hand.
These Stirling engines
These wonderfully made stirling engines are a joy to watch. They can run on the heat from your hand. They really get up to a speed when placed on top of a cup of tea or coffee. Been made over a number of years and this shows with the performance.
This version of these stirling engines has ross yoke mechanism which gives a wonderful visual movement.
- Heat insulated pillars with flush flat bottom finish for good surface contact with heat source
- Connecting rods are positively located using low friction PEEK and stainless steel screws
- All airtight seals are made with high strength precision screw threads and nitrile O rings
- Ultra low friction demagnetised and de-greased bearings, NO lubrication required
- CNC machined, giving crisp, clean and tidy edges all over
- Engine parts ultrasonically cleaned before hand assembly
- Precision engineered and hand built in England
- Machined to micron precision
- Stainless steel connecting rods and ball-race bearings
- Micron precision Borosilicate glass cylinder
- Micron precision Graphite power piston
- Light-weight aluminium main pillar, hub and spokes
- Brass chamber pillars and flywheel rim
- Brass gland and cylinder holder
- Base plates - 92mm diameter
- Displacer - 70mm diameter, 8mm thick
- Flywheel - 82mm diameter, 4mm thick
- Power piston - 9.5mm diameter
- Overall height - 120mm
Note: Now also available in kit form. Kit engines require a computer with CD-ROM drive to view building instructions.