Stirling engines convert thermal energy into mechanical energy. These Stirling engines take a temperature difference between the top and bottom plate and turn it into rotational energy, rotating the flywheel. Simply placing a cup of warm coffee/tea underneath is enough for it to work. It can even work from the heat of your hand! Its even possible to run it of something cold provided the other plate has something warmer.
These Stirling engines
These wonderfully made stirling engines are a joy to watch. They can run from the heat from your hand. They really get up to a speed when place on top of a cup of tea or coffee. Been made over a number of years and this shows with the performance.
- Heat insulated pillars with flush flat bottom finish for good surface contact with heat source
- Connecting rods are positively located using low friction PEEK and stainless steel screws
- All airtight seals are made with high strength precision screw threads and nitrile O rings
- Ultra low friction demagnetised and de-greased bearings, NO lubrication required
- CNC machined, giving crisp, clean and tidy edges all over
- Engine parts ultrasonically cleaned before hand assembly
- Precision engineered and hand built in England
- Machined to micron precision
- Stainless steel connecting rods and ball-race bearings
- Micron precision Borosilicate glass cylinder
- Micron precision Graphite power piston
- Light-weight aluminium main pillar, hub and spokes
- Brass chamber pillars and flywheel rim
- Brass gland and cylinder holder
- Base plates - 92mm diameter
- Displacer - 70mm diameter, 8mm thick
- Flywheel - 82mm diameter, 4mm thick
- Power piston - 9.5mm diameter
- Overall height - 120mm
Note: Now also available in kit form. Kit engines require a computer with CD-ROM drive to view building instructions.